IT Technician - Recent Graduates/Up to 3 years experience
Job Code: #3812
Job Type: Direct Hire
In this role of IT Technician, the position reports to the Administration Manager and functions internally as a team member of the Administration and Maintenance staff groups in co-ordination with Procurement personnel. External relationships includes suppliers, contractors and other on-site IT personnel. This client is open to recent graduates and candidates with up to 3 years experience.
- Program any and all modifications to internal Access databases
- Perform software/hardware refreshes, all required updates and maintain internal database management
- Support all internal and external users with hardware/software issues in a timely manner
- Maintain IT data backup systems and recovery processes
- Plan, monitor and maintain all security systems, including firewalls, intrusions and virus protection
- Proactively prepare and perform analysis of IT areas that require modernization/improvements and plan and complete updates to OS and software applications.
- Contribute to design, hardware/software sourcing and selections
- Administer user accounts and access permissions and support the IP phone systems
- Maintain, configure and support IT networks including all servers, network hardware and associated software as well as network diagrams and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose LAN/WAN network issues
- Maintain knowledge and abide by all company processes, governance and policy practices
- Manage and maintain all Access databases and coordinate all improvements/modifications recommend.
- Understand, and maintain roles and responsibilities within the company's QMS, EMS, OHS systems and ensure all documentation within these systems is current relating to this job.
- Coordinate or perform PC/Laptop hardware support, configuration and refresh
- Maintain and have a strong understanding of the company's safety practices and policies. Take an active role in safety where possible.
- Other duties as required related to IT.
- Post secondary diploma or bachelor degree from an accredited IT/IS Technology institution in system administration or similar program.
- Recent graduates or up to 3 years' experience involving Microsoft server and client technologies (OS,AD, Exchange, Terminal Services, Share Point etc.), virtual technologies (VMWare or others), network fundamentals, server hardware and RAID systems.
- Must have experience using database technologies (Access, SQL) and manage backups and disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintain positive attitude and great working relationships with co-workers'
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to express concepts and ask questions in a professional and tactful manner
- Strong ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with constant changing priorities
- Demonstration of organizational ability in prioritizing tasks and the timely completion of those tasks.
- Very strong commitment to safety.
- Degree of success in developing and maintaining positive personal and professional relationships with both internal and external personnel and the degree of acceptance by said personnel.
- Organizational commitment and positive attitude
- Execution of equipment procurement and upgrade plans
- Maintain network systems, software updates, hardware, data backups and disaster recovery plans
- Timely modifications to Access databases
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format via email to: at [email protected]
Submit your resume via our website and select apply to upload your resume in Word Format.
***Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted, while all others being encouraged to continually look for open opportunities on our site, thank you for applying ***
Great People. Exceptional Companies Servicing Western Canada since 1992
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Pay rolling Services and Executive Search Services for all occupational areas: Management Sales & Marketing Finance & Accounting Administration & Human Resources Manufacturing Operations Distribution Positions available throughout BC Alberta in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Mining, Forestry, Healthcare, Transportation, Federal and Provincial.