Material Handler / Forklift / Warehouse /Delta
Job Code: #4378
Job Type: Direct Hire
Excel Personnel has been engaged to hire these next prominent positions in Delta, BC, Starting Wage $19.86/hr and then $2.00 increases year after year in this Union position.
This position is responsible for the daily movement of product, materials and machinery inside and outside of the warehouse facility using a combination of manual and mechanical means. This position is also responsible to complete customer orders, receive incoming shipments, re-stock inventory, pack and load orders for shipment and complete all necessary documents.
Primary Job Duties
- Responsible to locate and pick product and materials as per customer order requirements, use computer information or paper documentation to build order to completion, tag/label and prepare order for shipment, ensure all documentation relating to customer order is complete and filed
- Responsible to follow daily delivery schedule to ensure orders are picked and completed on time and in proper sequencing for efficient loading
- Responsible to load trucks, load in proper sequence for efficient delivery, ensure all product/material loaded is secure and safe prior to vehicle movement
- Responsible to unload trucks, ensure correct documentation is received and completed, receive and re-stock inventory, verifies accuracy of product/material match with labels, bins/shelving/storage locations, places inventory in correct location, advises of any errors or discrepancies
- Responsible on a daily basis to ensure all equipment is in good working condition, pre-start up and maintenance checklists are completed and submitted; to immediately communicate mechanical/maintenance issues to supervision
- Responsible to ensure warehouse and storage yard is properly maintained in a clean and orderly manner; products, materials and machinery are moved and stored in a safe fashion
Primary Job Duties
- Responsible to respond to warehouse inquiries as required/requested; liaise with sales personnel as required/requested, to actively assist in the identification, communication and correction of warehouse errors
- Responsible to participate in and promote the Company Health and Safety Program; to undertake training as required/requested; to ensure adherence to all Health and Safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Secondary Job Duties
- To perform shipper & receiver functions as required/requested
- To operate overhead crane (where available) as required/requested
- To participate in warehouse physical inventory as required/requested
- To assist customers at warehouse sales counters as required/requested
- Well organized with ability to multi task, work with changing priorities
- Bilingual (French & English) may be required in some locations
- Must be physically fit (walk, lift, climb)
- Must have capability to be trained and certified to operate mechanical lifting devices (fork lift, overhead crane, boom truck crane, etc)
- Computer literate
- Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a warehouse environment, preferably with experience operating mechanical lifting devices
- A combination of education and experience
To apply to this position, go to www.excel.bc.ca and register with us and upload your resume directly to the job you wish to apply to so our recruiters can see your interest, or call Karen Watt, Shirley Nguyen at 250-374-3853 for further information or email to [email protected] or [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC and Western Canada.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their inhouse hiring practices.
Positions available throughout BC in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Healthcare, Transportation, and Natural Resources, Forestry, Construction, to name a few.
Positions available throughout British Columbia for your next Career Move, Contact Excel Personnel to have a one on one discussion with on of our recruiters in your area 1-877-374-3853