Job Code: #4386
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Prince George
Excel Personnel has been retained to recruit our client's next Maintenance Technician in Prince George, BC.
The Maintenance Technician will have a strong mechanical aptitude and experience in a variety of trades and commercial environments.
The maintenance Technician will be responsible for the daily routine and minor maintenance activities to ensure that the property and its grounds are kept in exceptional condition and are presented favorably to the tenants and general public.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with routine inspections and preventative maintenance, where required, of non-vital building systems and report on issues as they arise. Routinely performs roof maintenance, drain and leak inspections to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems. Assists with preventative maintenance of site vehicles and other motorized equipment.
- Complies with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedure as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to general building as well as life and safety systems.
- Performs minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property (including plumbing, light fixture replacements, touch up painting, asphalt patching, installation and repair of ceramic tiles, replacement of ceiling tiles or carpeting, interior and exterior plastering, dry walling, minor carpentry, common are door repairs, installation and maintenance of directional signage); keeps all maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
- Performs various ground-keeping activities to ensure that the property's grounds are presentable and do to not pose any hazardous threat to the tenants, building visitors and general public; such as exterior and parking lot upkeep, grounds cleaning and landscaping, where required, flower planters assembly and repairs, lawn mowing, sprinkler system operation and service, garbage pickup, snow removal ect.
- Performs maintenance and general cleaning of vacant space and responds to tenant requests for general maintenance services of their premises or common areas to support leasing activity of the vacant space and assist with keeping tenants spaces clean and in good repair.
- Relevant experience in building operations or general maintenance.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Good communication and client services skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with strong team.
- Previous experience in a shopping center environment is an asset.
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs. repetitively.
- Class 5 drivers license with a clean drivers abstract.
- Grade 12.
- Relevant Maintenance or Trades Certification.
- Steel-toed Boots.
This position offers a great benefits package and $45-55K to start depending on skills and experience.
To apply to this position, go to www.excel.bc.ca and register with us and upload your resume directly to the job you wish to apply to so our recruiters can see your interest, or call Karen Watt, Shirley Nguyen or Celina Deneault at 1-877-374-3853 for further information after you have uploaded your resume.
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC and Western Canada.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their inhouse hiring practices.
Positions available throughout BC in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Healthcare, Transportation, and Natural Resources, Forestry, Construction, to name a few.
Positions available throughout British Columbia for your next Career Move, Contact Excel Personnel to have a one on one discussion with on of our recruiters in your area 1-877-374-3853
Copyright © 2019 Excel Personnel Inc.. All rights reserved.
Website Design by Kelowna Web Design Agency Csek Creative.