Administrative Bookkeeper - Accounting Technician - Sage 50
Job Code: #4407
Job Type: Contract
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client in Kamloops to hire their next strategic thinker, the Administrative Bookkeeper / Accounting Clerk / Administrative Assistant leads and develops an internal reporting standard. The role is an integral member of our clients operations. Collaborating with the team strategic decision-making and operational planning, as our client continues to enhance and build structures.
The Administrative Bookkeeper / Accounting Clerk / Administrative Assistant is responsible for following job requirements
- Answering client calls in a timely manner with respect for all.
- Promoting, supporting and facilitating teamwork and harmony between crew members and staff by promoting and fostering a positive, visible teamwork among all crew members and staff.Assist with administrative overflow and special projects as required.
- Assist with switchboard overflow, routing/documenting calls as required.
- maintain various filing systems.
- Provide administrative coverage during vacations and absence
- Knows and understands, skills, abilities, personality, dress and attitude for the job
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing, with good comprehension
- Handles the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out any required physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enter Timesheets into Easy Pay bi-weekly, produce all statements.
- Record and Pay union deductions
- Enter WorkSafe into excel spreadsheet
- Calculate and track Banked Time
- Calculate and track Vacation Pay
- Track deductions to ensure correct amount is being paid
- Disperse Statement of Earnings to all employees
- Job cost employee hours
- Reconcile Time Sheets against Daily Field Reports
- upload Easy Pay to Sage 50
- Record & Pay Source Deduction remittance
- Receive, code, and post invoices into Sage 50
- Reconcile statements.
- Communicate with vendors regarding accounts.
- Resolve payment discrepancies and disputes.
- Organize invoices
- Produce invoices
- Track overdue receivables and make phone calls to inquire about payments.
- Create invoice summary for project work.
- Record all holdbacks in spreadsheet. Reverse once holdbacks are received.
- Record all WIP in spreadsheet.
- Follow up payment process of invoices with Customer at 30 days.
- Analyze and present accurate financial reports in a timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials and oversee all financial and project/program accounting while liasoning with Controller
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports
- Is paramount and will follow a strict procedures policy manual signs, symptoms etc.
Attitude - Shows that he/she:
- Is ready to take on new challenges and is willing to learn
- Has good work ethic
- Can adjust to change
- Can be a role model and one who leads by example
- Is a team player
- Takes responsibility
- Is honest and acts with integrity
- Has 1 year experience in similar roles
- Has a valid Drivers License class 5
- High school diploma
- Highly efficient with Microsoft applications
- Skilled in Sage 50 Accounting, will be switching to an SAP system down the road
Does this sound like your next career move, this is a permanent full time position in an exciting company with great salary and benefits. Go ahead and send us your resume so we can assist in introducing you to our client for consideration.
To apply to this position, go to www.excel.bc.ca and register with us and upload your resume directly to the job you wish to apply to so our recruiters can see your interest, or call Karen Watt, Shirley Nguyen or Celina Deneault at 250-374-3853 for further information after you have uploaded your resume. or email directly to [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC and Western Canada.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their inhouse hiring practices.
Positions available throughout BC in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Healthcare, Transportation, and Natural Resources, Forestry, Construction, to name a few.
Positions available throughout British Columbia for your next Career Move, Contact Excel Personnel to have a one on one discussion with one of our recruiters in your area 1-877-374-3853