Job Code: #4440
Job Type: Contract
Excel Personnel has been retained by our large client in Kamloops to welcome a contract Executive Assistant to report to the Vice President. The objective of the Executive Assistant role is to ensure organizational efficiency by providing coordination, customer service, relationship management and administrative support at the executive level. The role draws upon practical and specialist knowledge of business support processes and procedures in order to respond to internal and external customers and provide timely delivery of task-oriented, transactional, reporting and processing services with confidentiality, discretion and politically sensitive judgment. The role will also provide support on business planning, and detailed budget analysis, planning, tracking and reporting.
- Supports the divisional Vice President by conducting diverse and complex business support analysis and coordination activities, providing specialized advice and solutions as required while ensuring adherence to corporate and government policies and procedures.
- Provides the divisional Vice President with the appropriate meeting materials to ensure the Vice President is fully versed and prepared to attend each meeting. Proactively resolves complex, confidential, sensitive, moderate to high risk business support issues with limited direction and escalates issues as required and through the appropriate channel.
- Develops and maintains sensitive, diplomatic and strong working relationships with internal and external customers to provide solutions to complex issues, prioritizing and managing responses and negotiating and managing timelines and expectations.
- Provides support to the divisional leadership team by attending the appropriate meetings, creating meeting agendas, handling the preparation of minutes and establishment of deadlines for action and ensures work is completed according to deadlines to ensure strategic objectives are being met.
- Coordinates, prepares and gathers information to assist in the preparation of reports, business and operating plan documents, fiscal program reports and status reports, including following up with the appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for administrative support processes that include the management of incoming correspondence, inquiries, coding purchase requisitions, directing forms for signature and other support processes as required.
- Participates in business planning and provides detailed budget analysis, planning, tracking and reporting.
- Makes recommendation for new approaches to business support work and broader issues resolution; demonstrates creativity in developing innovative ways to complete work, solving issues and facilitating outcomes; continuously improving processes and procedures with broad cross-functional impacts.
- Post-secondary business education;
- 5-7 years progressively responsible related experience, which includes at least five years’ experience in a senior executive support role with business project management experience, budgeting and business planning exposure;
- Experience and understanding of financial statements, budget process, general ledger, expense administration and audit process;
- Experience and understanding of procurement and invoicing processes;
- Experience with travel and event/meeting planning;
- Records management experience and understanding of process;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent administrative skills with strong working knowledge of word processing, report generation and presentation creation; Proven ability to work collaboratively;
- Proven ability in relationship management;
- Demonstrated client/customer service;
- Demonstrated team work, coaching and mentoring abilities;
- Proved executive-level support and adherence to confidentiality and sensitivity issues experience;
- Proficient skills in prioritization and scheduling;
- Time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Intermediate skills and understanding of project management and execution;
- Basic knowledge of SAP;
- Verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- General business acumen;
- General office computer systems skills;
- Initiative and desire for continuous improvement.
Successful candidates must possess a valid BC Driver’s License, clear a criminal record check which includes a vulnerable sector check, and submit a current driver’s abstract from ICBC.
To apply to this position, go tohttps://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4440/ and register with us and upload your resume directly to the job you wish to apply to so our recruiters can see your interest, or Shirley at 250-374-3853 for further information or email to recruiting AT Excel.bc.ca
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC and Western Canada.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their inhouse hiring practices.
Positions available throughout BC in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Healthcare, Transportation, and Natural Resources, Forestry, Construction, to name a few.