Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Job Code: #4789
Job Type: Contract
Location: Okanagan Falls
Excel Personnel has been retained to recruit our clients next Payroll & Benefits Administrator. They will be responsible for preparation and administration of all functions relating to company(s) payroll functions. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for the company employees. Other responsibilities include journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and various other accounting functions related to payroll. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
- Preparation and administration of payroll for all company(s) employees (100+), while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Ensure that all salaries & wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company(s) employees, and payroll related vendors.
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms and remittances.
- Administration of all employee programs (e.g. health benefits, dental), including enrollment and premium payments
- Process staff expenses.
- Compiling, reviewing and distributing payroll reports.
- Manage all inquiries arising from questions in regards to payroll and benefits.
- Implement salary/wage increases, bonuses, commissions, etc. in accordance with instructions given.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Monitor holiday and attendance records for business units.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Administer and educate employees of benefits and maintain a sustainable relationship with insurance providers.
- Develop and provide recommendations for policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Payroll Administrator - Preferred.
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Certification or willing to take
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s payroll experience.
- Competence with employment standards and union environments.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software, payroll programs and MS Office.
- Experience in managing the processing of salaries/wages, bonuses, etc.
- Sound knowledge of income tax forms, health benefits programs, sick pay, WCB, etc.
- Good knowledge of accounting, general ledger, journal entries, and bookkeeping experience
- Ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in a discrete, ethical and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to his or her work.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality of privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Overtime as required.
• Some travel may be required
* Working environment and safety protocols of the highest calibre, working in a private office with face masks worn in all general areas.
* Daily temperatures taken on arrival
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4789 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 or email: [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Pay rolling Services and Executive Search Services. Positions available throughout BC in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support, Healthcare, Transportation, Physician Locums and Natural Resources