Mall Maintenance Superintendent - Kamloops
Job Code: #4808
Job Type: Direct Hire
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client in Kamloops to secure their next Maintenance Superintendent
This position will be ideal for the individual that is mechanically inclined, able to maintain numerous tasks throughout the year, and job out job orders for Electrial, HVAC etc when required by tenant.
- Possition usually takes up 30-40 hours a week – with flex time availalbe.
- Attractive Salary and benefit package
- You will Ensure and be responsible for the property being a safe environment for shopping centre visitors
- You will be comfortable maintaining sidewalks and landscaped areas for the safety of all shoppers and tenants
- You will be responsible for the Snow and ice removal from sidewalks & salting same, while jobbing out the snow removal of the entire parking areas through current contractor agreements
- Manage weekly Lawn cutting, Pruning & weeding, Plant care and watering in conjunction with irrigation system
- Co-ordinate on-site meetings with sub-contractors
- Call for quotes and award accordingly with head office advise
- Supervise and ensure that contracted work is being completed to satisfaction
- Review contractor’s billing for accuracy prior to submitting to head office
- Communication with head office & shopping centre tenants is paramount and you will be the right hand to the Property Manager
- Daily phone and e-mail communication with the Property Manager & staff at head office
- Respond to and work in liaison with the Tenants and be the first point of contact for building maintenance issues
- Provide access to vacant units to prospective tenants for viewing
- Complete general building maintenance, Graffiti removal & painting repairs, change light bulbs when needed
- Painting Repairing & replacing traffic signs when required
- Daily litter pick-up on sidewalks, parking lot and landscaped areas
- Background knowledge of the following is preferred and considered an asset: - proactive routine inspections of the following….
- Operating a utility vehicle such as a bobcat, ride-on lawn mower, landscaping equipment & tools will be a definate asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel) & Dropbox
- Electrical systems (amp size, load panel size, function of transformers) understanding and able to job out problems
- Glazing, door openers, entry-door sets, locking systems to be aware of when need repairs and job out to contractors if needed
- Roof materials and membranes understanding
- Structural understanding of roofs and advise when repairs needed by contractors
- HVAC roof-top units when issues arrive job out.
- Fire alarm monitoring / sprinkler systems understanding
- Asphalt and concrete understanding
- Documentation of maintenance understanding
- Communicating with tenants is paramount
This career opportunity will be ideal for the mechanically inclined individual that can job out problem ares to current contractors, fix and repair daily different areas of the Shopping Mall.
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4808 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 or email: [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.