Construction Crew/Team Leader
Job Code: #4908
Job Type: Direct Hire
Excel Personnel has been retained by our Premier Client in the Thompson / Okanagan Region, whom are, The Premier Manufacturer of Pre-Engineered Buildings in Western Canada to recruit their next CREW/TEAM LEADER . Our client is expanding and is located in beautiful British Columbia where all trains, planes and automobiles travel. Hunting, Fishing, Boating, and any recreational activity you can think of for your family and yourself to dream of is here for you to enjoy.
Are you looking for your next career?
Are you seeking to make a career change in the Construction Field?
Are you interested in joining a Number #1 Business in the Interior to give you and your family an amazing opportunity, and join us as their next Crew/Team Leader in a construction environment?
Then we need to Talk.
Responsibilities of this amazing position will comprise of:
- Leading, managing and overseeing the site construction process required to perform the scope of work for our client’s pre-engineered steel buildings and Hybrid steel-wood Pre-Engineered buildings.
- You will be providing daily coordination and support to management, on-site workers and sub-trades.
- You will be Overseeing delivery of materials, supplies and equipment on site.
- You have Demonstrated excellent communications skills with site workers and trades while maintaining a strong presence and involvement in all company activities.
- Developing and maintaining schedules and site management plans, documents and reporting’s, Providing schedule updates are your passion and appreciate strong attention to detail in this regard.
- Being the Team Lead you will have Identified in your previous employment and with our client company - any scope of work issues and implement measures to proactively address emerging issues.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel. Provide guidance to employees and contractors on how to work in a more safe and efficient manner, correcting unsafe acts immediately per our Client’s Policies and Procedures and able to implement same.
- On a Daily Basis, Managing crew levels, materials and equipment to maintain project scheduling and productivity on each construction site.
Skills and Requirements
- You have been hands on and Knowledge of manufacturing/construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, procedures, scheduling and cost controls in your past.
- Comfortable and skilled in leading by example and have a hands-on approach with onsite crews
- Current Red Seal Carpenter ticket or alternate preferred
- Previous experience in steel construction environment is an asset.
- You will need to have a Positive attitude and ability to build a constructive team environment like you have in your previous employment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Construction Industry as a Team Leader or equivalent for commercial/residential/industrial construction techniques
- Comfortable Practicing good housekeeping discipline on the job, to maintain a clean and safe working environment for all staff, and attention to detail on all daily paperwork
- Proven, Strong management and leadership skills, delegation, planning are essential for the success of this position
- Projects will be in and out of the Thompson Okanagan Region and travel will be required for confirmed job sites.
- You may need to provide valid vaccination certification to be considered moving forward
Our Client Offers:
- A Rewarding Career in the Construction Field to take you to the next path in life with a competitive annual salary that will be negotiated based on your background in the industry
- All Tools required for this position are supplied with some in a seacan for onsite projects
- Professional Development yearly is provided to all team and coworkers for continued growth in our industry
- Attractive Benefits package for the successful candidate along with COMPANY VEHICLE PROVIDED
- Performance bonuses and Incentive’s based on Each Project will be added to your yearly compensation package that again is very attractive.
- Employees are required to be Double Vaccinated with a Vaccination card to be considered
Are you ready to make a career change Now? Or are you in between careers? Then lets talk indeed.
All communications are strictly confidential with our recruiters. You will sign a permanent agreement giving our recruiter permission to work with you on this position for our client. Our recruiter will go over all areas of how we can work together for your comfort level.
If you are not qualified to work in Canada yet, please reapply when you have your work visa or social insurance number in hand.
Employees are required to be Double Vaccinated with a Vaccination card to be considered
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca under opportunities and hit the Apply Now Button and upload your resume directly to the job http://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4908 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 or email: [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.