Community Services Manager - $41.00 - $45.52/hr +
Job Code: #4920
Job Type: Direct Hire
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client to recruit their next Community Services Manager in Kamloops, BC
Are you in between careers/positions at the moment?
Seeking a new career in the Community Services Managerial area?
Then we should talk. This is a huge Job Description, but for those with the background this will be an amazing opportunity in our fair city indeed. Have a look and then lets have a discussion on how your background mirrors those of our client and how we can best represent you to our client.
TERMS: Full Time, Permanent
35 Hour Per Week $41.00 - $45.52 + per hour equates to approximately $75,000- $82,857+/annum
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Community Services Manager is responsible for the professional expertise, program direction, planning, and operational implementation for the short and long-term development of the Community Services Division within our Client Company in Kamloops. This includes the coordination, direction, and implementation of programs and projects that support Community Services. This position oversees program administration including development of programs, annual budgets, negotiating, contract management, supervisory, among other aspects to ensure the successful management of the Community Services Division for our Client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements short term and long-term strategic plans, programs, and budgets to ensure the appropriate management of the Community Services Division within our Client Company that equates to about (80%) for the job
- Oversees all activities and monitors projects and programs and liaises with external agencies and institutions as required.
- Uses expertise to make decisions and positively impact the Community Services department services.
- Oversees Services Canada grant submissions and other related funding, finalizes and signs all applications and reports on behalf of our client under this program.
- Coordinates joint projects, special and ongoing projects ensuring efficient service delivery and communication regarding the Community Services Department.
- Works with Committee members, Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff as may be hired from time to time to carry out projects and programs for the Community Services Department.
- Responds to all rules on all concerns and appeals issued to the department and refers all appealed decisions to Executive Director of Member Services.
- Prepares the annual Community Services Department’s budget.
- Provides staff with professional and technical support and coordinates the personal and professional development of staff.
- Approves all supplies and equipment for the Community Services Department.
- Chairs all department meetings and keeps staff informed on guidelines and policies established by our client company, and provides updates on any Board Representations, ISC, FNHA, legal, regulatory or policy changes implemented by government.
- Supervises staff and participates in human resources activities.
- Participates on committees and various Boards as a Community Services expert and representative of our client company.
- Ensures the client culture and history are reflected in aspects and functions of the department.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with our client's policies, standards, and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of our client company
- As a member of the Management team, the Community Services Manager participates in management and administrative meetings as required to contribute to the overall sound management practices of our client company that will equate to approximately (15%) of the over all job description
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, administration activities.
- Educate and share information with staff and management on Community Services plans and policies.
- Liaises between departments and ensure organizational strategies are aligned and implemented accordingly.
- Research, write, submit, and present business cases & briefing notes to the Board of Directors with informed recommendations on implementing revised and/or new policy decisions.
- Consider efficiencies where appropriate.
- Other related duties as required. (5%)
Professional Certification, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or social sciences
- With strong management experience and
- Five years directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience and/or education in program administration, supervision and successfully managing a budget.
- Oversees a large department and manages a multi-million-dollar budget, therefore effective financial and personnel management proficiencies are essential.
- Must have a current valid class 5 BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Must pass Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check.
- Must prove Double Vaccination and present appropriate documentation
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage concurrent activities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Strong knowledge of program administration.
- Strong knowledge of Interior Health Authority, FNHA, MCFD, ISC funding requirements, etc.
- Strong organizing, planning, and coordinating skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain records and reporting documents.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated experience and ability building and maintaining cooperative and productive relationships and effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and lead a diversity of projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to develop, monitor, report and implement program budgets.
Only those candidate who are able to present a valid vaccination card, living or wishing to relocate to British Columbia, will be considered.
If you are not qualified to work in Canada yet, please reapply when you have your work visa or social insurance number in hand.
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca under opportunities and hit the Apply Now Button and upload your resume directly to the job http://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4920 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 email: [email protected] directly.
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.