Job Code: #4988
Job Type: Direct Hire
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client to recruit their next Legal Administrative Assistant for their Kamloops Law Firm. Under the direction of the principal lawyer(s) and/or paralegals, the Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out the administrative tasks required in the processing of clients’ legal matters.
Duties and responsibilities
1) Communicating with lawyers and other Firm staff, clients, witnesses, legal professionals, etc.
- using telephone and e-mail
- collecting and providing information
- receiving directions from the principal lawyer(s) or paralegals
- regularly reviewing files with the principal lawyer(s)
- reviewing and responding to incoming mail
2) Tracking deadlines
- calculating limitation dates
- managing a BF (Bring Forward) system
- advising the principal lawyer(s) and paralegals of pending deadlines
- ensuring that submissions are made by deadlines
3) Scheduling appointments, conferences, discoveries, examinations, hearings, mediations, trials, IMEs (independent medical examinations), etc.
- contacting clients, opposing counsel, court reporters, experts, courts, etc.
- updating the principal lawyer(s)’ calendars, BF system and trial schedule
- arranging travel for the principal lawyer(s), clients and witnesses
4) Preparing and submitting correspondence, forms and legal documents
- transcribing dictation from the principal lawyer(s) and paralegals
- creating documents from Firm precedents
- drafting various pleadings such as affidavits and orders
- making copies and submitting to agents, courts, opposing counsel, etc.
5) Organizing files and binders
- compiling and indexing
6) Posting and billing
- posting time and disbursements using TimeTracker, ESILAW, etc.
7) Conducting searches
- requesting records and ordering documents
- using on-line services such as BC Online, etc.
- Grade 12 diploma
- Legal Administrative Assistant certification or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- Experienced with office equipment including computers, telephones, printers, copiers and fax machines
- Experienced with Microsoft Office
- Fast and accurate keyboarding and transcribing
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledgeable on the rules of civil procedures and court documents and ICBC requirements would be an asset
- Professional demeanor
- Client focused
- Communicates clearly, both verbal and written
- Confident and efficient
- Organized and can manage priorities
- Detail Oriented Now that is what we call a detailed Job Description Does this sound like an opportunity you may be interested in? Salary starts at $40,000 per annum and an attractive benefits package and parking. If you are in between careers or seeking another career then lets get you into the job and have a conversation from one of our recruiters. To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4988 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 or email: [email protected]
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
Copyright © 2022 Excel Personnel Inc.. All rights reserved.
Website Design by Kelowna Web Design Agency Csek Creative.