Job Code: #5022
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Burns Lake
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client in Burns Lake, BC to recruit their Red Seal Industrial Electrician.
Are you seeking a new career opportunity?
Our Client’s purpose is Enabling a zero carbon, lower cost energy future, and delivering on this purpose means we work in an environment of significant transformation and growth. The Electrician is responsible for the safely and efficiently maintain the plants electrical systems. You will be working with the operator, the maintenance team, as well as the automation team, the electrician provides both regular and routine support to all electrical equipment at the plant.
Facets of Responsibilities:
Routine Daily Maintenance
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards
- Install, maintain, inspect, and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment
- Work with work order systems
- Work with other trades like Millwrights in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality, and production
- Willingness to assist in nonelectrical, operational issues when required
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Drax staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality, and timely execution of projects
- Planning and coordinating Shutdown work and contractors
- Champions our Client’s Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations
- Mentor in house Electrical Apprentices through their professional development
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Maintenance of various pieces of equipment throughout the facility
- Red Seal Certified Trades Professional Designation
- 5+ years of progressive electrical experience, preferably in in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries
- Completed a journeyman apprenticeship in a electrical trade
- Knowledge of electrician practices and code
- Ability to build a rapport and working relationship with key stakeholders, with a collaborative and supportive approach to getting the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and able to challenge and influence where required
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find and implement resolutions
Ability to work flexible schedule as needed (on call support for Plant Management Team/Supervisor Relief).
submit your resume in Word Format
and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/5022
so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Beverley Proteau PH: 250-596-3683 or email: email@example.com
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
If you are not qualified to work in Canada yet, please reapply when you have your work visa or social insurance number in hand.
Excel Personnel provides
Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.